TripView APK v4.0.2
TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone
TripView shows Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your cellphone. It contains a abstract view displaying your subsequent services, in addition to a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is saved in your cellphone, so it may be used offline.
Table of Content
Your Train Tracker
TripView displays Sydney Train/Bus/Ferry timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer.
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
Plan your trips
If you press the plus button on the main screen, it will take you to the New trip screen. You can choose your source and destination stations, as well as a train line. Pressing Save will take you back to the main screen.
Normally, TripView will only show trains that stop at both your source and destination stations. However, if you change "All Trains" to On, it will show all trains from your source station in the direction of your destination, even if they don't actually stop at your destination.
If you click on one of the station names on the New Trip will take you to the Select Station screen. By default, stations are sorted by name. You can click on one of the index letters on the right hand side of the screen to quickly jump to stations beginning with that letter.
If you are selecting the destination station, TripView will only show stations that are on the same line as your source station.
If you click on the By Distance button, TripView will sort the stations in order of increasing distance from your current position (using the iPhone's built-in GPS). This might be useful if you're in an unfamiliar area.
If you click on the line name on the New Trip screen, it will take you to the Select Line. This shows all the lines that connect your two selected stations. Lines are sorted in order of increasing number of services. This is the total number of services for weekend and weekdays.
By default, TripView will automatically select the first line (the one with the most services)
After you've selected your stations and line, you can leave the New Trip screen by pressing the Save button in the top right hand corner. This will take you back to the main screen, where you'll see the new trip that you just added.
Never miss you trips again:
- Define trips using presets (source/destination/lines)
- Multi-segment trips (can mix trains/buses/ferries)
- Auto route calculation for train trips
- Summary view allows you to scroll through all matching trips for the week, showing ETA and arrival/departure times
- Route editor lets you edit or extend a trip (e.g. change at a different station)
- Reverse a trip by tapping the station names in the title
- Scrolling blue "plasma" indicator display
- Full browseable timetable
- Get directions to nearest stations, using GPS (trains only)
- Automatically selects weekday/weekend timetable
- Supports services that only run on select days (e.g. late night friday/saturday)
- Supports all suburban and intercity CityRail services
- Displays special stop flags (e.g. pickup / setdown only)
- Where trains proceed from one line to another, timetables are seamlessly merged (e.g. North Shore and Northern Line)
- All views update in real time
- Information on train delays from CityRail
- Small application size (~2MB including all timetable data)
- Timetable updates can be downloaded from within the app
- Platform numbers
- Departure alarms (time based) and arrival alarms (time/distance based).
- On Android 12, TripView now requires permission to create time-based alarms
- Fixed bug where set types were not being shown for modified train services
- Fixed bug where street map polylines were not being shown for modified train services
Download TripView APK v4.0.2 for Android
Free download TripView APK v4.0.2 for your android devices.